- Phone: 604-488-9889
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this day and age, people are so busy that they tend to look for things that would make their lives easier, such as online shopping, or trying delivery services. Some people don’t have much time going to the grocery anymore that they need a delivery service that will help them get food products without lining up at the grocery.
But of course, there are times when even the best refrigerated delivery service in Vancouver may encounter mishaps on or off the road. However, these can be prevented.
Check out the list below and find out how:
• Join a Food Safety Training Program. A good Vancouver refrigerated delivery service such as Richards Delivery knows that it is so important to join training programs so they’d learn more about how to keep food products safe, especially while on the road. There are also tests that can be taken online to determine a person’s food safety knowledge that people should not take for granted.
• Hygienic Handling. It’s also important that employees and delivery men wear items that will make sure that the food products are kept safe and clean. These items include gloves, hairnets, and suits that are provided by the Vancouver refrigerated delivery service company to ensure trust from the customers, and definitely, to ensure safety. Washing one’s hands before and after handling the products is important, too.
• Avoid Cross Contamination. An easy way to avoid cross contamination from happening, especially while the items are being delivered, is to keep ready-to-eat and raw foods in separate containers. These should be airtight containers, Ziploc bags, and the like. Never store fresh or frozen foods in cans, especially opened ones, as these may be a source of BPA, or Bisphenol A, which may cause certain diseases, such as Prostate Cancer.
• If delivering frozen food, make sure that before freezing, it was cooked at 75 Celsius. This is for bacteria to be avoided and to ensure that the food has been cooked well. It can then be stored in a freezer, a fridge, or a bain-marie. Never store them at places that have temperatures lower than 5 degrees Celsius because if you do so, the food may be spoiled.
• Total Delivery Time. From the time of scheduling the delivery, or from the time of purchase up to the time when the product is delivered to the customers’ house, delivery should not go for more than 4 hours. This way, you can be sure that the products you will get are fresh and are in good condition.
• Determining Temperature Profiles. Most importantly, Richards Delivery makes sure that they know the temperature profiles of different kinds of foods so that they can be delivered safely.
If a company follows all of these tips then surely, you have found the best refrigerated delivery service in Vancouver!